Blurry vision is one of the most common causes of concern among people with pre-existing or no pre-existing eye conditions. Although blurry vision can be scary to deal with, getting the help of an optometry specialist can put your mind at ease. It's important to contact an eye doctor as soon as possible so they can help determine the root cause of your blurry vision.
At Cornea and Cataract Consultants of Nashville in Nashville, TN, we provide optometry services so our patients can see clearly and improve their quality of life. Blurry vision has many causes, so it's crucial an eye doctor finds the root cause and treats your blurry vision as soon as possible. You can start to see clearly in no time and manage any underlying eye disease with our help.
What Causes Blurry Vision?
Blurry Vision has a variety of causes. These can range from being as simple as rubbing your eyes for too long, to sitting in front of a computer screen for too long. This is known as computer vision syndrome and is now more common than ever. Other causes of blurry vision may include:
- Refractive errors of the eye. These include vision disorders such as astigmatism, where the cornea is not properly round, and light cannot be properly focused
- Cataracts, which is a clouding around the lens of the eye that can also lead to vision loss
- Glaucoma, a serious eye disorder where the optic nerve is slowly destroyed
- Diabetic retinopathy, which can occur in people with diabetes and harms the retina in the eye
- Keratoconus, a condition where the eye is shaped like a cone instead of a perfect dome
Due to the large number of causes, it's critical to see an optometry specialist to get the proper treatment for blurry vision.
How an Optometry Specialist can Help
An optometry specialist on our team will conduct an eye exam to determine the root cause of blurry vision. By looking at the inside of your eyes and conducting vision tests, they will determine the proper treatment. This can include contact lenses or glasses, medications for the eyes, or even eye surgery.
By visiting an eye doctor, you can treat your blurry vision before it leads to total vision loss.
See Clearly with the Our Help at Cornea and Cataract Consultants of Nashville
We want our patients to see clearly starting. Call us at (615) 320-7200 Cornea and Cataract Consultants of Nashville in Nashville, TN, to schedule an appointment and help find relief from blurry vision.